Friday, August 15, 2008

Rang de Basanti

Its never late to comment on something like rang de basanti .. I wish I was into blogging when I first saw the movie.Clearly RDB ( as fans call it.. HUH !! ) is not a movie which one can afford to miss ..go rent a pirated DVD to watch this masterpiece, if u haven't seen it yet, just to see and realise the extent to which our movie makers can go irrational , illogical perhaps plain stupid with their scripts.


What intrigues me is fact that most of the people around me liked it .. naah..they Loved it. They said the movie should have gone for the Oscars as India's official entry ..I tell you , It would have been utter Embarrassment.I never saw 'paheli' but I am sure RDB would have simply outdone 'paheli' in every possible department on an international platform ( If u get what I mean! ).

The Movie

Everything .. everything in the movie was beyond my comprehension.For instance just think of the concept - Kill the Defence minister ( why not prime minister ... or may be just blow away the entire Parliament they aren't doing great either ) because a friend of yours crashed with his jet and then voluntarily commit a group suicide.At this point I would seriously choose to avoid commenting on how a rookie like aamir in his character could possibly shoot a person ( defence minister taking a stroll on the side-walk.. I guess he had a heavy spicy breakfast or sth so he chooses to walk alone without security ..you know to avoid an embarrassment ..just in case ;) from a speeding motorcycle.Perhaps it was the inspiration from the movie they just acted in.I still wonder , how did they make the entire movie (looked like a big budget extravaganza to me ), when all ..creator cum director cum producer cum cinematographer cum ..( okay I need to stop ! ) the firangi lady ( suu/shu/shoe whatever ) had was a tiny handy cam and no money ( plz recall the start where she was rejected everything by her bosses ). BTW.... Did you ever wonder why .. why at all would a person 'think' in a language which he/she could not even speak properly.Sue did that in the entire movie..It did not amuse me .. I went MAD !!

Just when I thought that perhaps ..I was being over critical and the movie had a point ,as the boys were young full of josh and may be .. may be (remotely possible though ) they could have considered killing the Defence Minister in the heat of the moment, This Happened. Siddharth Narayan ( the quietest among the lot ..) decides on killing his father !! Whoa Whoa.. Heights of Insanity.Did he have enough reasons or was he .... forget it, why am I questioning ?


My only regret was from the fact the list of survivors had the Soha Ali Khan's character because she clearly used the bunch of idiots to take her revenge.. in fact if u recall she was the one who came up with the idea - ' maar dalo '


Aamir


I saw 'fanaa' and the trauma I had undergone during the movie and then later is inexplicable.Dreaded terrorist decides to take a long holiday and stay in a house right in the middle of a very very important mission of his life just because the weather was not good outside, when the inmates clearly had no problems in making rounds shopping !! Excellent .. that was not all , later when the weather got better in fact sunny, he rather chose to play chess with his father-in-law in the outdoors.. well done !! I never expected that from Aamir .. I mean I never question Shahrukh .. he has got the official license but Aamir ? What concerns me the most is the kind of MESSAGE a movie like 'rang de basanti' has put across.But then we are all human.


Cheers !!

4 comments:

  1. Wid Aamir Khan, u don expect dese kinda things but there is always a tradeoff between wat u wanna do nd wat audience wanna digest.
    Assumption: Its Indian Public

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movies are the outward manifestation of the inward fantasies of common man. If the director were to show the real world, the common life no one would go to the cinema to watch the movie. And if you expect everything that makes sense, you would be disappointed with most of the movies, even the ones made in hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello chandan..
    for the comment u wrote on my blog i would say that you have a discerning eye-yes the girl can be blamed to an extent..

    now for ur "rang de basanti" treat i would go with what adi has said-movies leave you behind with a perticular feeling-sometimes joy,sometimes sadness,and in ver cases a moral-RDB was one masterpiece which instilled the youth with so called feeling of much needed "josh"-basically the aftereffects of the movie shud be good..

    ReplyDelete
  4. A daunting step to blend patriotism and entertainment is, "RDB".
    It is a perfect initiative in embryonic Bollywood,that gain its laurels through criticism by Hollywood suckers.
    Anyways, concept is more appreciable than movie.

    ReplyDelete